New Deal Strategies is looking for a Campaigns Director to support our advocacy and political clients. This person would help operationalize, oversee, and drive New Deal’s political campaign work and work closely with principals and partners on electoral, issue, and program work.
The Campaigns Director will be a critical member of the New Deal team. They will execute and implement electoral strategy and programs for our clients and provide overall political and campaign guidance to the organization. The Campaigns Director will need to possess an organizing, communications, and political mindset and be ready to roll up their sleeves and jump in.
Management & Internal Organizing
- Manage and support the NDS team while also managing client expectations to bring resources to bear from within the organization to execute program.
- Educate and keep staff informed of political developments and strategy to advance our client program, and regularly communicate and collaborate with NDS team to ensure efficient and effective program execution.
- Lead subsections of our organizational planning processes, including pieces of our overall program’s strategic plans campaign and work plans.
- Develop and manage the electoral, political and program and budget for the organization, through a social and equitable justice lens.
Political Strategy & Campaigning
- Track political landscape and developments in all federal and key non-federal races across the country, identifying potential opportunities for NDS impact in electoral campaigns and applying strategic judgment to inform and advise client program.
- Drive our electoral campaigning work across the country win their elections and issue campaign work oversee and directly draft electoral campaign plans, as well as project management across the organization.
- Oversee directly and write campaign materials
- Strong understanding of national electoral landscape and how best to make strategic impact at scale on a national level.
- Significant electoral and organizing campaigning in at least a senior management role in either a candidate campaign(s), an advocacy organization, or a PAC, preferably managing large-scale or statewide political or voter engagement campaigns.
- Experience with and proven ability in managing teams, supporting strong morale, and developing staff.
- An independent and strong leader who can drive projects and programs to completion in a fast-paced environment, including a proven ability for and the understanding of the importance of internal and external organizing to advance and advocate for your program.
- Strong strategic and campaign planning skills and commitment to ongoing processes that ensure transparency and communication in carrying out the work.
- Has developed, written, and executed successful campaign plans that demonstrate strategic focus, electoral prowess, and creativity.
- Proficient with political data, polling, latest technologies, and best practices in the field and the ability to understand data tracking, email, mobile, volunteer recruitment, and fundraising.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Campaigns Director” in the subject line. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please apply ASAP. Female, POC, and LGBTQ applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Brooklyn, NY. Must be willing to travel domestically up to 20% of the time.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: This is a cycle-based position with an option for extension. The position is full-time with competitive salary, including full benefits.
About New Deal Strategies
New Deal Strategies is a consulting firm for the progressive movement. At New Deal, we only work for campaigns, causes, and leaders we truly believe in, even if – especially if – they're not favored by the establishment. As a firm, we want to help lift up the voices of women, people of color, the working class, and the LGBTQ community. We want to fight for the issues that matter, from the Green New Deal to Medicare for All, racial justice, and income inequality. And at a time when women’s rights are under attack, we’re working to elect Democrats who understand that abortion is non-negotiable.
New Deal Strategies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.