Please send resume to email@example.com
New Deal Strategies is a consulting firm for the progressive movement. At New Deal, we only work for campaigns, causes, and leaders we truly believe in, even if – especially if – they're not favored by the establishment.
New Deal Strategies is a consulting firm for the progressive movement. At New Deal, we only work for campaigns, causes, and leaders we truly believe in. We are looking for a Press & Digital Associate to support our General Consulting team and clients. Ideal candidates live their progressive values, have a proven track record of working collaboratively, excel in fast-paced environments, and have at least one cycle of campaign experience. Candidates should have an understanding of political campaign structures and regularly monitor the news of the day.
The Press & Digital Associate will need to possess strong writing and research skills along with an ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Compiling and distributing daily news clips to internal team and clients
- Drafting press materials (interview briefings, press releases, etc.)
- Drafting reporter pitches and conducting press outreach
- Creating and maintaining press lists, managing client MailChimp accounts
- Tracking and responding to client press requests
- Assisting with press event logistics and staffing
- Assisting in maintaining select client social media accounts: suggesting and drafting social posts and copy, including digital graphics
- Supporting the New Deal Strategies General Consulting team with special digital projects, research, and day-to-day communications operations
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, paid position starting in February 2022.
Brooklyn, NY. The Press & Digital Associate will begin as a remote position, but the Associate will be expected to report to the Brooklyn, NY office when the New Deal Strategies team resumes in-person work.
We offer a competitive salary for the position that is commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance provided
- Life insurances
- Retirement benefits, including 401(k) match
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Press Associate.” Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage candidates from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
Learn more about New Deal Strategies and our team here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.