We are looking for an administrative professional to join the New Deal Strategies team as Special Assistant. The individual will support senior staff to manage and execute day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and strong attention to detail. The Special Assistant should have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties and providing support to management. Given the fluidity of the news cycle and nature of political campaigns, staff will rely on the Special Assistant for flexibility and scheduling foresight, while maintaining confidence related to high-level systems and operations.
Ideal candidates will live their progressive values, have a proven track record of working collaboratively, and excel in fast-paced environments. Strong preference for candidates who have at least 1-2 years of campaign or government scheduling/operations experience and feel comfortable managing shifting priorities and deadlines.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing senior partner’s calendar, including meetings and interviews
- Coordinating meetings on behalf of senior staff and arranging logistics (meeting location, arrival instructions, Zoom links, etc.)
- Booking travel, organizing receipts, and tracking client-related travel expenses
- Conducting background research for field, political, and communications projects
- Drafting one-pagers and briefings in advance of prospective client meetings
- Externally and internally liaising between senior staff and clients as needed on scheduling and other administrative matters
- Coordinating with senior team to manage day-to-day office and operations needs for the firm
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets for client work, may include press lists and political outreach trackers
- Creating and managing client MailChimp accounts, excel spreadsheets, and EveryAction accounts (familiarity with these systems a plus)
- Taking meeting notes and managing follow-up on action items
- Supporting on client services as needed
Timeline: This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, paid position starting in September 2023. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, please apply ASAP.
Location: Brooklyn, NY. The Special Assistant is expected to report to the Brooklyn, NY office in accordance with the schedule set forth by New Deal Strategies.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is $50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life insurances
- Retirement benefits, including 401(k) match
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off
To Apply: Candidates should direct resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Special Assistant – GC Team.” We strongly encourage candidates from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.