Please send resume to email@example.com
New Deal Strategies is a consulting firm for the progressive movement. At New Deal, we only work for campaigns, causes, and leaders we truly believe in, even if – especially if – they're not favored by the establishment.
We are looking for a Press Associate to support our Communications team and clients. Ideal candidates live their progressive values, have a proven track record of working collaboratively, excel in fast-paced environments, and have at least one cycle of campaign experience. Candidates should have an understanding of political campaign structures and regularly monitor the news of the day. The Press Associate will need to possess strong writing and research skills along with an ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Compiling and distributing daily news clips to internal team and clients
- Drafting press materials (interview briefings, press releases, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining press lists
- Managing client MailChimp accounts
- Tracking and responding to client press requests
- Assisting with press event logistics and staffing
- Supporting the New Deal Strategies Communications team with special projects, research, and day-to-day press operations
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, paid position starting in September 2021.
Brooklyn, NY. The Press Associate will be expected to report to the Brooklyn, NY office when the New Deal Strategies team resumes in-person work.
We offer a competitive salary for the position that is commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance provided
- Life insurances
- Retirement benefits, including 401(k) match
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Press Associate.” Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage candidates from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
Resumes should be directed to email@example.com. Learn more about New Deal Strategies and our team here.